By Victor Parker
A background of Greece: 1300‒30 BC, deals a accomplished advent to the foundational political historical past of Greece, from the past due Mycenaean Age via to the dying of Cleopatra VII, the final Hellenistic monarch of Egypt.
- Introduces textual and archaeological proof utilized by historians to reconstruct historic occasions in the course of Greece’s Bronze, Archaic, Classical, and Hellenistic periods
- Reveals the political and social constitution of the Greek international within the overdue Mycenaean interval (thirteenth century BC) via research of the Linear B capsules, the oldest surviving documents in Greek
- Features a variety of references to unique resource fabrics, together with a number of fragmentary papyri, inscriptions, cash, and different literary sources
- Provides large insurance of the Hellenistic interval, and covers parts excluded from such a lot Greek historical past texts, together with the Greek West
- Features really appropriate use of illustrations all through, and considers teachers’ instructing wishes by means of structuring the later sections to facilitate instructing a parallel path in Roman History
- Balances scholarship with a reader-friendly method of create an available advent to the political historical past of 1 of such a lot amazing historic civilizations and complex classes of worldwide history
Read or Download A History of Greece, 1300 to 30 BC (Blackwell History of the Ancient World) PDF
Similar ancient history books
Featuring a variety of proof for those diversified kinds, from Roman artwork to early medieval bracteate amulets, and from classical texts to Beowulf, the Edda and Icelandic sagas, Professor Speidel the following information seventeen diverse Germanic warriors types, together with berserks, wolf-warriors, club-wielders, long-hairs, ghost warriors and horse-stabbers, and the way they point out an unbroken continuity of customs, ideals and battle-field strategies.
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2004 im Fachbereich Geschichte - Weltgeschichte - Frühgeschichte, Antike, word: 2,7, Ernst-Moritz-Arndt-Universität Greifswald, Veranstaltung: Männer und Frauen in der Antike: Geschlechtergeschichte als Methode und Gegenstand der Alten Geschichte, 15 Quellen im Literaturverzeichnis, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: „Er übernahm auch die Aufsicht über die Sitten und Gesetze, und zwar auf Lebenszeit […].
As mulheres, amantes, mães, irmãs e filhas dos Césares têm sido popularmente caracterizadas como assassinas cruéis, adúlteras sem vergonha e interventoras políticas coniventes nos grandes dramas da corte romana. Desde 30 a. C. , quando Cleópatra, Octávia e Lívia surgem no auge da mudança de Roma de república para autocracia, até ao século v, com Gala Placídia aprisionada por invasores godos, a autora traça um retrato das vidas das mulheres que ascenderam ao poder nestes cinco séculos.
"The old Egyptian resources come alive, talking to us with out seeming alien to our smooth methods of pondering. Andreas Schweizer invitations us to hitch the nocturnal voyage of the sunlight barque and to immerse ourselves, with the 'Great Soul' of the solar, into the darkness surrounding us. right here within the illustrations and texts of the Amduat, threats hidden within the depths of our soul come into sight as concrete photographs, an research of which is still ever invaluable: even within the guise of the evil, ominous, or darkish part of godhead with which Schweizer matters himself.
- Sparta: Rise of a Warrior Nation
- The Formation of Papal Authority in Late Antique Italy: Roman Bishops and the Domestic Sphere
- Ancient Mathematics (Sciences of Antiquity Series)
- At Elder Shrines: Exploring the Pagan Franks
Additional resources for A History of Greece, 1300 to 30 BC (Blackwell History of the Ancient World)
A History of Greece, 1300 to 30 BC (Blackwell History of the Ancient World) by Victor Parker