By Michael Lynch
Give your scholars the easiest likelihood of luck with this attempted and proven sequence, combining in-depth research, attractive narrative and accessibility. entry to historical past is the preferred, depended on and wide-ranging sequence for A-level background students.
- helps the content material and overview specifications of the 2015 A-level heritage specifications
- comprises authoritative and fascinating content
- comprises thought-provoking key debates that learn the opposing perspectives and methods of historians
- presents exam-style questions and tips for every appropriate specification to assist scholars know how to use what they've got learnt
This name is acceptable for various classes including:
- AQA: Wars and Welfare: Britain in Transition, 1906-1957
- OCR: Britain 1900-1951
Read or Download Access to History: Britain 1900-57 Second Edition PDF
Similar uk history books
The picture is indelible: densely packed traces of slow-moving Redcoats picked off by means of American sharpshooters. Now Matthew H. Spring unearths how British infantry within the American innovative struggle rather fought. This groundbreaking booklet bargains a brand new research of the British military throughout the “American uprising” at either operational and tactical degrees.
First released in 2005. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Utilizing a suite of over 1000 renowned songs from the struggle years, in addition to round a hundred and fifty infantrymen’ songs, John Mullen offers a desirable perception into the realm of renowned leisure in the course of the First international battle. Mullen considers the location of songs of this time in the heritage of well known track, and the desires, tastes and stories of working-class audiences who enjoyed this tune.
Many debts of British improvement considering 1945 have tried to find why Britain skilled slower charges of financial progress than different Western ecu nations. in lots of circumstances, the reason for this phenomenon has been attributed to the excessive point of defence spending that successive British post-war governments adhered to.
- The City Of London Volume 1: A World of its Own 1815-1890: A World of Its Own, 1815-90 Vol 1 (History of the City)
- Jane Austen's Cults and Cultures
- Identifying the English: A History of Personal Identification 1500 to the Present
- A Traditional History of the Bronze Age (Traditional Histories)
- Barbed Wire Diplomacy: Britain, Germany, and the Politics of Prisoners of War 1939-1945
- Lost Country Houses of Kent
Additional info for Access to History: Britain 1900-57 Second Edition
Access to History: Britain 1900-57 Second Edition by Michael Lynch